Q. Why should our nonprofit choose Lee+ Associates?
A. Our principals and associates have more than 150 cumulative years of hands-on experience leading, managing, and supporting nonprofit organizations.
- Our team knows the Greater South Texas area. When we have worked successfully with clients in regions that were new to us, we utilized careful research, involved the right people, and respected the culture of that community.
- We know that success in fundraising comes from an understanding of the nonprofit’s mission, and knowledge of the best practices and philanthropic patterns of an area.
We offer our best advice, guidance and counsel to provide solutions to your needs.
Q. What do you charge and how are you paid?
A. As per the Association for Fundraising Professionals guidelines, we work on a fixed monthly retainer plus expenses. Our fees are competitive, and we work with you to meet your budgetary limitations.
Q. How can you help us on our capital campaign?
A. Depending on your specific needs, we can:
- Undertake a comprehensive capital campaign feasibility study;
- Assist you in writing your case statement;
- Provide campaign management to keep volunteers and staff focused;
- Assist in the strategic planning process and a development audit, both of which often precede a campaign;
- Provide essential preparation for your staff on best practices and procedures;
- Train your leadership, board, and other volunteers on how to make effective fundraising “asks.”
After the campaign, we assist in the analysis of its success and help you begin the next stage of your fundraising efforts.
Q. What can be achieved by a development audit by Lee+ Associates?
A. A Lee+ Associates’ fundraising assessment is a detailed analysis of your organization’s fundraising programs designed to provide specific strategies and recommendations that you can put into use right away. The assessment will:
- Examine your annual fund, major gift plans, your fundraising appeals, and your acknowledgement processes
- Review your staff and volunteer organization
- Conduct an important attitudinal survey of the people who support your organization and care about its future.
At the conclusion of our assessment, we provide specific written recommendations about how to improve the effectiveness of your development program.
Q. We need help motivating our Board. How can Lee+ Associates help?
A. We understand the importance of having engaged, involved volunteer leaders who care about the future of your organization and who will partner with you to make it successful. Perhaps most importantly, we can help by providing Board training on the appropriate role of the Board and its members. We also offer specific training on fundraising techniques and “how to make a successful ask” for Board members. Our coaching and mentoring process for board members can reap lasting rewards for your organization.